Innovate your dreams
phase i & ii
Project Founder/Author: Khurram Shahzad – Pakistan
The worldwide project “Innovate Your Dreams” was conducted from January 2019 to June 2019 in two phases. 2500 schools and teachers with 100,000 students from 94 countries were involved in this project.
Please visit Facebook page to know more about this revolutionary project: https://www.facebook.com/iyd2019/
Project summary: The project aims to help students understand and prepare for the jobs in the future. The project is based on a popular research which concluded that “65% of children entering primary school today will ultimately end up working in completely new job types that don’t yet exist.” During the project 6-19 year-old students will also learn about industries that will be created in the future and the role of technology in transforming the world. The project will teach 3 out of the 17 United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) described in the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development (Quality Education, Affordable & clean energy, Industry, innovation & infrastructure). The project promoting STE(A)M vision and STEM-based experiences will last 9 weeks.
Duration: 7 weeks
Time required: 160-180 min/week
Topic(s): Careers in future, Role of technology in transformative world, Future industries, SDGs
Subject(s): Science, Technology, Engineering, ICT
Other subject(s): ICT, digital citizenship, global citizenship
Skills: Communication, collaboration, critical thinking & collaborative problem solving, creativity & imagination, innovation, leadership, ICT knowledge & skills.
- The main objective of this STE(A)M project is to teach and prepare today’s students for the careers they may have when they finish college and university.
- The project also aims at helping teachers to understanding STEM education through Project-based learning and at teaching them how to build skills which students need to succeed in the future.
- This project will also teach 3 out of the 17 United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) described in the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
- Introduction of careers in future
- Creating a new job for yourself
- Skills required for success in the future
- Introduction to SDGs.
- Role of technology in the future
- Industries in the future
How to join “Innovate Your Dreams – Phase I & II” project?
- 1. Register on the website and log in.
- 2. You will be redirected to “Dashbard”
- On dashboard fill out teacher and students’ forms (Fill teacher form and students form will appear. Fill one form for one student. Click “submit” for the next student form. After filling all students forms click “Finish Registration”)
- 3. You will be redirected to your profile.
- 4. On your profile click “Subscriptions”.
- 5. Click “SIGN UP” under “Innovate Your Dreams – Phase I & II”.
- 6.After completing all five requirements above: click the button below to access project tasks.